Just picked up a used MC 13 to go along with my MC 23. I have a few issues:
1. Screw head stripped on brake fluid reservoir. Drill it out??
2. I need to know if I can re-tap threads where mirror attaches, what size tap?
3. Fuel gauge doesn't work, sending unit in tank or bad gauge on dash? How would I test?
4. Very little play in brake lever's. These are disc brakes front and back. Breaks work, but takes a lot a grip strength to apply brakes. I made adjustment at the lever, helped some, but would like more adjustment. Any ideas?
5. Alarm was removed, but I can't find connection for mp3 player so I can use stereo, was that part of the alarm wiring harness?
Post by als01seville on Aug 8, 2010 23:39:12 GMT -5
1. get a backout bit 2. Some are 8mm and some are 10mm. 3. Take the sending unit out, it is usually the sending unit, the float probably came off if its stays on empty. Or it could be stuck on the down position. You can take it out and move the arm up and down and see if the guage moves. If it does you will know right away what is wrong. The arm is held on with a snap on washer and the arms come really loose and do not make contact with the risister plate and sometime the arm gets stuck on the up or down position. Alleyoop
This scooter has stereo controls and a speakers in the dash and is built to hook up to an mp3 or ipod, there isn't/wasn't and actual stereo on board. I just can find the connection for mp3. The alarm was removed and there is a about an 8 wire connector not hooked to anything down by the battery.
The mirror bolt is 8mm. I drilled it out, re-tapped and put a helix in it, all good to go. How to you get the sending unit out of fuel tank? Gauge always reads empty. The scoot does have a trip odometer so running out of gas shouldn't be a problem as long as I watch my trip odometer. I still haven't attempted the brakes, but have done a lot of research. Usually soft spongy spongy brake levers are lack fluid or air in lines? My are extremely hard to apply, bad fluid or air or faulty ABS? Turn signal issues, on either side, front. Rough roads or bad connections, after i start messing with them they start to work. I have replaced those turn signal bulbs on my other scoot and they are not a standard size I could find at auto parts store. Has anyone changed out bulb holders to a standard size, will they connect in the lens housing? I am not discouraged as this is a lot of fun tinkering around on the scoot.
>>How to you get the sending unit out of fuel tank? Undo the screws? No screws then there is a bent metal gold looking flange. Just turn it until the tabs clear the tank. Pull the unit up and remove carefully. Not that there is a notch in the sender unit that fits a tab on the top of the tank. These must align when you put it back together.
>>Usually soft spongy spongy brake levers are lack fluid or air in lines?
Yes, replace all the fluid and replace with DOT4
>>My are extremely hard to apply Probably sticking brake piston.
wereed: HOw can I start a thread?
Jun 1, 2013 10:55:49 GMT -5
wereed: or respond to a thread I started three years ago...
Jun 1, 2013 10:56:07 GMT -5
marklorenzi: I just bought one of the Fleetwoods. They look like a clone of the Honda XRM's they sell overseas. It is in transit now and I should get it this week. I will try to post my experience here. Call me the guinea pig hahaha.
Jun 2, 2013 20:29:11 GMT -5
flyangler: wereed, this forum is read only the new forum is on the banner above. Dan
Jun 5, 2013 7:35:29 GMT -5
silkyg1973: can someone please tell me how to post
Jun 10, 2013 12:08:46 GMT -5